Saturday, April 03, 2010

April 3 Tomorrow is Easter, and we hope you all have a lovely day, whatever you decide to do. We will be having a delicious dinner with Ken & Carolyn Kimpton and Brenda & Dave Neil here on "our hill" at Park Sierra. These people are all good cooks, so we are happy to share this holiday with them!
Not many interesting things have been happening in our lives, and I wouldn't even be updating this except some of our family members have indicated that they want regular updates even if nothing exciting is in it. Today I whacked all the weeds on our lot and then sprayed them with Roundup. It just reminds me that I never want to live in a house again where there is lots of this regular maintenance!
Of course, we are having to do some maintenance on our bodies as well. This week we had more medical appointments, some of which are the prerequisites for some minor surgeries we are hoping to schedule when we get back from our Europe trip in early May. I am going to have a foot surgery for a hammertoe as soon as they can get it scheduled. Yes, I did try to convince Elaine to do it for me, since she was such an excellent foot surgeon but she says that after 23 years of retirement, she isn't going to take it up again, even for me. I will also be trying to schedule a surgery for a carpal tunnel problem, which I have in both hands. The left one is the worst so I want to get that one done in May or early June. Elaine also needs surgery on her hands because she has Dupyertins Contracture, which means she has knotted tendons which are causing one of her fingers to stick up and she can't straighten it. So that will have to be scheduled too. It really stinks when we have these problems, all of which are related to GETTING OLDER!
The next few days will be busy, as we organize and pack for our upcoming trip. The next blog entry will be when we start that trip, so I promise that it will be more interesting than this one!

4 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Enjoy your Easter dinner up on your hill! I've had a couple of health issues, too, but am getting better, however I still have a couple appointments this week down in Fresno. Hope to see you soon, or it may not be until your return in May, I already forget when you said you're leaving for the upcoming cruise . . . this week methinks!

TravelingGrammy said...

I know you're leaving Thursday and will have a great time on your cruise....I'll be gone the 1st of May so we'll just have to keep up on line....

gracemrankinartist said...

Welcome home and bon Voyage again.
Grace and Jack

Mitz Alverson said...

Yes, we, too, noticed how much fun it is to be GETTING OLDER. No one seems to be immune either--everyone has something. Good luck with those maintenance items.